4 mm MDF exterior boards are typically used as the cover layer for TAVAPETwood. This enables maximum moisture resistance with a variety of different surfaces. Whether veneered or coated with primer film or synthetic resin, TAVAPETwood enables you to bring your creative ideas to fruition – such as frame extensions for windows.
- Very good thermal insulation
- Screwable cover and core layers
- Processable with conventional tools
- Very low weight
- Normally inflammable
- Only for use in dry application fields, without exposure to weather
|Cover layer||MDF exterior E0/B2|
|Core layer||PET recycling foam, 100% water resistant|
|Surface||Raw, with primer film, real wood veneer|
|Edges||Raw, non treated all around|
|Formats||Raw, primer film: 2600, 4100, 5200 x 1020 mm
Veneered: 2600,3050, 4080 x 1020 mm
StorageTAVAPETwood elements should be stored on a level surface, in dry conditions with a temperature range of 15–25°C. The surfaces and edges must be protected against damage. The product must be inspected on receipt and defects reported within 3 days.
Installation with screwsThe PET foam is firm enough to enable screwing of the frame extensions. We recommend compliance with the following points:
- No drilling
- No self-drilling screws
- Screw-in depth of at least 90 mm if the screw is only anchored in the foam
- Screw diameter min. 6.5 mm
- Screw types: window installation screws or similar, e.g. SFS part no. 317177 to 317188
Installation with adhesiveBefore bonding, the bonding surface should be cleaned to remove all soiling and dust. It should also be dry and free of any grease or oil impurities. We recommend the following adhesive types:
- SikaFast® 5215 – SikaFast® adhesives offer an ideal combination of a relatively long open time and fast curing. Just minutes after the elements are bonded together, 80% of the final strength is achieved.
- Sikasil® WT-480 – High-modulus, 2-component structural silicone adhesive. Very quickly develops good mechanical properties and adhesion.
- SikaBond® AT-44 R – 1-component, tough elastic, SMP-based installation adhesive. It is subject to the same processing guidelines as for the use of PVC.